Job opportunity: Boxing Canada is looking for a National Team coach
National Team Coach
Organization: Boxing Canada
Title: National Team Coach
Job Category & Nature of Position: Full time Employee
Immediate Supervisor: High Performance Director
Ultimate Supervisor: Executive Director
Under the direction of the High Performance Director (HPD), the National Team Coach (NTC) shall be responsible for direct coaching support and National Team program implementation for athletes at the National Training Centre and identified National Team athletes. The NTC shall work closely with the HPD to implement and run Boxing Canada’s High Performance programs.
The NTC shall assist the HPD in the operation of the Elite and development programs, including planning, coaching, monitoring and evaluation.
The NTC and will work closely with the HPD and assigned Assistant National Team Coaches (ANTC) to ensure effective High Performance standards.
The NTC shall comply with any and all Boxing Canada codes of conduct that relate to his/her activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related area.
- AIBA 3 Star accreditation.
- Boxing Canada Performance Coach certification or its equivalent as recognized by Boxing Canada and the Coaching Association of
- Demonstrated record of successful coaching of elite boxers at an international level.
- Demonstrated capacity and record of conducting national or international coaching seminars for coaches of elite boxers.
- Demonstrated capacity for managing a national boxing development program.
- Experience within a similar government structure (Preferred)
STRUCTURE and SCOPE:
Reports and is accountable to: High Performance Director (HPD)
Additional responsibilities: Member of the High Performance Committee (HPC) of Boxing Canada in the capacity of staff member.
Supervises: Assistant National Team Coach
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Daily Training Environment:
- Create a World Class daily training environment in collaboration with the HPD.
- In conjunction with the HPD the NTC will ensure development, implementation and evaluation of annual and long-term training and competition plans for the athletes in the training center, identified National Team athletes and personal coaches.
- Run and operate seasonal training and competition plans for athletes in the centre.
- Ensure appropriate files on athlete training, competition results and monitoring of progress are kept as required.
- Work with the HPD in providing a continuous and progressive athlete centered high performance environment.
- Work with the HPD and other assigned coaches to provide effective leadership and guidance to the programs, athletes, and support team located at the centre and outside of the centre.
- Be Head Coach at major international competitions including the Olympic Games, World Championships, and Commonwealth Games for both the Elite Men and Elite Women’s Teams.
- Oversee and conduct National Team training camps for the National Team and make recommendations for integrated, combined camps that may include development and talent athletes where appropriate.
High Performance Program:
- Be the Head Coach of all National Teams that attend international competitions and training camps including AIBA Star events, Tri-Nations, Dual Matches and other tournaments.
- Provide leadership and support to the National Development Coaches and ensure there is a consistent approach to the technical standard developed and delivered to the High Performance Program.
- Contribute to setting the strategic and operational direction for Boxing Canada’s integrated strategy for High Performance Programs.
- Participate in key forums as agreed to with the HPD e.g. Selection Committees,
- Drive own Performance Development Plan, actively identifying new areas for learning and committing to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Contribute to and or prepare reports for the HPD and other relevant stakeholders e.g. OTP | COC, CAC, Sport Canada as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrates great judgement and creative approaches to challenge traditional technical and training assumptions and in providing solutions.
- Uses appropriate techniques and communication strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and plans.
- Ability to accurately analyse and translate performance data into meaningful programme opportunities and to generate new ideas.
- Demonstrates political acumen and appropriately anticipates the political consequences of actions.
- Sets high goals and establishes stretch goals for personal, team and program accomplishment.
- Conveys an image that is consistent with the organisation’s values.
- Demonstrates decisiveness and action in the management of issues as they arise.
- Passion for excellence including a strong desire to excel, implement change and identify opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement, observe confidentiality and use discretion and initiative
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- To set high standards of performance for self and others including assuming responsibility and accountability
- Ability to meet competing demands through effective prioritization in a results oriented environment.
- Ability to commit to a challenging, demanding, spontaneous working environment, to work long and irregular hours and to undertake international travel as required.
- Liaise and working closely with Boxing Canada’s various Committees in support of their specific programs and activities for which there is an interface with high performance programs.
Application Deadline: March 1st, 2017
Commencement of employment: April 1st, 2017
The NTC will work from Montreal.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and available budget. All applications will be confidential.
Applications and salary expectations should be sent via email to Roy Halpin at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest; However, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Posted on: 13/02/2017, by : admin