JOB OPPORTUNITY: Project and Program Coordinator
PROJECT AND PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Boxing Canada is seeking a full-time Project and Program Coordinator.
This dynamic, high-impact position reports directly to the High Performance Director and works closely with staff, provincial and territorial boxing associations, committees, suppliers, multi-sport organizations, and other external stakeholders.
The Project and Program Coordinator will be responsible for planning and delivering initiatives that support the development of athletes, coaches, and officials as part of Boxing Canada’s goals and strategic plan.
This position is full-time, starting as soon as possible and based in Montreal.
ABOUT BOXING CANADA
Boxing Canada is the national governing body for the sport of Olympic boxing in the country recognized by the Canadian Olympic Committee. The goal of Boxing Canada is to promote, organize and coordinate the sport of Boxing for the advancement of the sport and its members of all levels and ages. The organization’s vision is to inspire Canadians to make Olympic boxing a major sport and physical activity while striving towards Canada being a dominant nation internationally. For more information, visit www.boxingcanada.org.
- Assist with all special events
- Assist planning and organization of National Championships
- Preparation and assistance with the National Teams and events
- Manage Anti-doping program
- Assist with membership registration and database
- Manage coach certification and develop opportunities
- Assist various committees
- Oversee NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program)
- Assist with organizing AGM and SAM
- Assist with translation of documents
- Coordinate officials and certification
- Assist with COC (Canadian Olympic Committee) partnership
- Work closely with Rules and Regulations committee
- Assist with policies and their application
- International relations (AIBA, IOC etc.)
- Assist in reception duties
- Assist High Performance Director in his functions
- Work closely with National Training Center (INS Québec) partnership
- Assist with Hall of Fame requirements, inductions, etc.
- Help with sponsor implementation
- Assist communications department when necessary
- Special projects as may be assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- E.C. or college graduation in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in office administration
- Strong computer software skills in a Windows environment especially in Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with employees and managers at all levels
- Ability to respond to varied deadlines and work in an effective team environment as well as work independently
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Enthusiasm for amateur sport
- Bilingualism a must (French and English)
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Sense of humour
- Ability to work under pressure
- Planning and follow through
- This is a full-time permanent position
- Travel at given times
- Work some evenings and weekends
- Remuneration: salary competitively based on experience
- Excellent benefits plan
Please send your CV with a cover letter to Émilie Dagenais (Administrative Assistant) at [email protected] by October 21, 2021.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, but we will only communicate with the selected candidates for interviews.
Boxing Canada stands for diversity, inclusion and equity, and is committed to fostering free, fair, inclusive, and equitable environments, both on and off the ring. Boxing Canada is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks qualified individuals from under-represented and under-supported groups in Canada with demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience.Posted on: October 5, 2021